COMPIRICUS Alternative Investment Cockpit
SAP Treasury & Risk Management (TRM)-based solution that enables you to manage, control, and report on your heterogeneous capital investments in alternative assets and private equities in the one uniform interface
Make your Reporting and Notification Tasks stress-free!
As an investment manager, you are responsible for the portfolio management and investment accounting of your company’s alternative assets or private equities.
Your alternative assets and private equities in the portfolio management are merged with other investments in terms of system technology,
reporting and investment accounting are optimized and standardized, and
the alternative assets are subject to reporting to an insurance supervisory authority, e.g. BaFin, NAIC, and the data must be reported correctly and on time.
At a glance – Worth knowing
The COMPIRICUS Alternative Investment Cockpit is a solution based on SAP Treasury & Risk Management (TRM), with which you can manage, control and report your heterogeneous capital investments in alternative assets and private equity in the one uniform interface.
The following processes can be mapped with the COMPIRICUS solution for alternative assets and private equities:
- Inventory management,
- Capital investment accounting,
- Reporting as from the investment decision right through to the return on the capital investment.
The view of the extensive master data management also covers information on underlyings, securities as well as balance sheet data and the distribution of the ownership shares.
In conjunction with the COMPIRICUS reporting components (e.g. for Italy or the USA) our Alternative Asset Cockpit also has the data required for reporting available for the corresponding analyses.
The solution integrated in the SAP-ERP system and, in particular, with SAP FAM features the following functionalities:
- administration of all relevant master data, shareholding structures, underlyings and balance sheet data in a uniform interface,
- complete, functional support as from the investment decision through to the return on capital, including a flexible allocation of a return flow in individual components affecting stock and net income,
- generation of key accounting figures such as asset value, individual value adjustments or amortizations according to different parallel accounting such as HGB, IFRS and US GAAP in combination with the standard SAP FAM functionality,
- administration of commitments as additional inventory components,
- complete integration in the SAP standard functionality of SAP FI or SAP CM, as well as in the regulatory reporting if required.
Features and Highlights
- The Dashboards sits on top of SAP FAM and uses SAP standard functionality as much as possible.
- All application data are managed in original SAP tables. The dashboard calls SAP standard BAPIs.
- Fully integrated with SAP Financials (General Ledger), even direct postings into multiple company codes/business units (with segmentation approach).
- Multi-currency approach with sport rate and average rate translation (for US TAX).
- Direct Integration into FS-SR-xx (especially COMPIRICUS’ Statutory Reporting content).
- Flexible design of relevant transactions needed in dashboard.
The COMPIRICUS solution is fully integrated into SAP ERP and thereby offers a system-supported merging of other capital investments administered in SAP FAM into the one uniform platform.
Efficient data management
It acts as a Single Source of Truth for all alternative asset processes with the proviso that processes from the front, middle and back office are covered.
Available information at any time
It offers an integral overview of all relevant alternative asset milestones and thereby enables a quick reaction to queries from investors and management.
End-to-end process documentation
It provides a history of all processes concerning your alternative assets at a glance. This includes notifications and correspondence with other investors and partners, as well as protocols and other documents.
Flexible data transfer
Supplemented by the COMPIRICUS Financial Adapter®, a wide variety of interfaces pertaining to internal and external partners can be embedded in your system landscape.
Diversity in unity
The package is rounded off by standard reports for an inventory overview, financial flow analysis or for accounting information in the individual mapping or in an aggregated merging.
Ready for reporting
Insurance companies have the option available of seamlessly using the data in regulatory insurance reporting.
A leap in know-how
As a SAP parter we have known SAP FAM since its creation and, as such, more or less inside and out. Moreover, we know the sector and its needs; on the one hand due to longstanding collaboration with renowned clients and, on the other, since some of our colleagues are themselves experts in this area.
In any case for you this means: Qualified advice, lean projects and, in the end, the certainty of a high-level, functional and stable solution with which you can work.
Please contact us for more information:
For USA + ROW call:
+1 714 614 3399
For DE + EU call:
+49 211 64949-301
We are here for you
Contact us if you would like a personal meeting or would like more information.
Since 2022, I have been Managing Director of COMPIRICUS GmbH alongside Thorsten Au and Michael Mansen. In addition, I have held the position of CEO of COMPIRICUS Inc. in parallel since 2011.
Before COMPIRICUS AG changed its legal structure to GmbH in 2022, I was a member of the Management Board.
My current responsibilities as CEO of COMPIRICUS GmbH include corporate strategy, internationalization as well as positioning and expansion of COMPIRICUS Inc. on the American market.
Basically, my professional focus is on software design and implementation of asset and risk management systems. For more than 30 years I have been focusing on projects for international companies in the financial service and corporate treasury environment with topics of investment accounting and treasury management.
After my studies of mathematics with focus on applied mathematics at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, I started my professional career in the financial services department of KPMG Business consulting. At the same time as starting my career, I completed an MBA at City University Seattle, Branch Frankfurt. In 1998, I moved to FACT Business consulting, where I became managing partner the following year.